|Dimensions||20.5 × 8 × 6 cm|
Piri Piri Chili Pepper Plant Pods 3 Pack
Grow piri piri chili peppers in your indoor garden!
Piri piri is Swahili for “pepper” and refers to a specific variety of chili that was originally cultivated in Africa. Our spiciest chili variety, this pepper’s clean, bright flavour makes it one of the most exciting chilies to keep in your kitchen.
Piri piri has herbal notes and a slightly citrusy flavour that can help bring rich ingredients into balance. Piri piri goes perfectly with poultry and fatty fish and is a widely known as the main ingredient of the popular piri piri sauce.
Click & Grow Chili pepper benefits:
- Perfect fresh addition to home gourmet food
- Growing chilis is 100% hassle-free with a Click & Grow indoor garden
- You’ll get a garden-to-plate experience in your own kitchen
- Pesticide free & no GMO’s. The healthiest version of homegrown food.
Plant is not edible. Poisonous!
Sprouts in: 1 – 3 weeks
Lasts up to: 21 weeks
Grows best at: 20 °C–35 °C
- Please note! Only the fruits of the chili are edible, the rest of the plant is poisonous and should not be consumed.
- Piri Piri Chili fruits have a heat level of up to 100.000 on Scoville heat units.
- You can speed up the germination process by raising the temperature to 79°F (26°C).
- If multiple seeds germinate in each pod, leave one seedling to grow per plant pod to ensure enough space and nutrients for the plant to grow.
- Do not cut or prune your Piri Piri Chili plant before fruiting – it will form flowers and fruits at the top of the plant.
- Once your plant is flowering, it needs to be pollinated by hand. Do this by gently shaking your plant to carry pollen from one blossom to the next.
- Warning! The leaves and seeds of the Piri Piri Chili can be hot too. It is always a good precaution to wash your hands after touching the chili plant. It is also best to avoid touching your eyes or other sensitive body parts after handling chilies.
Inspired by NASA technology, Smart Soil creates the perfect environment for your plants to thrive.
The Smart Soil keeps water distributed evenly inside the nanostructure, so the plant roots have access to water at all times.
It makes sure plants have perfect pH-level and get the optimal configuration of water, oxygen, and nutrients.
The growth medium is made of natural, renewable materials, and contains no pesticides, fungicides, hormones or other harmful substances.
5 in stock